Preview from the garden course we’ve been working on. Let us know what you think!
Here are some highlights:
- Try to do your transplants in the late afternoon or evening to avoid stressing the plant from the heat of the midday sun.
- If roots are wrapped around, slice the roots to avoid the plant becoming rootbound.
- Spread a broad spectrum inoculant (good microbes) on the roots. This will help your plant to more easily absorb nutrient from the soil.
- Pre-dig your hole before removing plants from their cells so the transplanting happens more quickly–this minimizes the stress on the plant.
- Be sure to check your new transplants daily to ensure proper moisture.